Leif Persson - Sweden

My name is Leif Persson. I live in Stockholm, Sweden, and I have collected matchboxes and labels, more or less during about 40 years. The theme on this year’s exhibition, beautiful labels, made me think about beauty. It’s in the eye of the beholder, and could be the torned beauty coming of age as well as the pure beauty of a butterfly. Is there any objective beauty? I made eight displays with about 120 handpicked labels from my collection. They are all antique, some of them very rare, and that could be enough for being a beauty in the world of labels, but I added colorfulness and attractive motives, and not to broken, so I think this will be beauty for any eye! Maybe even an objective beauty? Have a look. There is a thin line of text in the bottom of each display.













 

2 comments: